2021 Bilingual Community House Engagement Worker (Canada Summer Job)
Position Title: Community Engagement Worker (Community House)
Direct Supervisors: Community Development Coordinator and Community House
Hours: 35 hours/week for 8 weeks
Salary Range: 14.6395$ /hour (Plus 6% vacation pay)
Application Deadline: September 3, 2021 - 8:30 am
Employment period: September 14th, 2021 to October 26th, 2021
JOB SUMMARY The Community Engagement Worker assists the Lowertown Good
Neighbours Community House Coordinator and the Community Developer in various
community development LCRC activities. All activities are subject to COVID-19 guidelines
during the pandemic and can include using ZOOM for group activities or working from
home. All candidates are also expected to observe guidelines when working on site such
as wearing a mask, cleaning surfaces, and other measures.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists and promotes with the application of COVID-19 guidelines;
• Helps in organizing activities at the Community House;
• Assists with activities that support food security initiatives;
• Promotes community activities in the neighbourhood through outreach;
• Posts news and information about the Centre and its partners;
• Assists in planning of community events and celebrations;
• Assists in planning a series of information sessions for New Canadians;
• Helps with the unloading, installation and distribution of food at the Food Bank;
• Performs other duties as assigned;
• Data entry.
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee
protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Act for the duration of the employment;
• Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be
legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or
territorial legislation and regulations (work permit);
• Knowledge and understanding of issues and challenges facing low income and
diverse communities (poverty, immigration, housing, ...);
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work as a team member;
• General knowledge of community resources;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and social media tools;
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, and evenings;
• Fluency in French and English is required (candidates will be evaluated on their
proficiency of both official languages before being invited to an interview);
other languages are an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by September 3, 2021 before 8:30am to:
Lowertown Community Resource Centre
40 Cobourg Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 8Z6
Or by fax: (613) 789-3443
We invite you to consult our website (www.crcbv.ca) for more information
The Lowertown CRC respects the employment equity and diversity principle.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank you for your interest in this position.
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.