At the Happy Goat Production Kitchen we prepare food products for the twelve Happy Goat cafes across Ottawa. We pride ourselves on being a from scratch kitchen and supporting local suppliers whenever possible.
The production demand of our menu changes daily. As kitchen support you will be responsible for assisting the team in reaching our daily food order goal. This will include tasks such as:
- Food prep:
- Effectively washing greens and herbs in an efficient manner.
- Slicing cheese, bread and chopping vegetables into uniform portions.
- Scooping consistent cookie dough portions.
- Accurately measuring ingredients as laid out in a recipe.
- Accurately packaging and labelling food products for orders leaving the kitchen.
- Sandwich assembly
- Cleaning duties including dishes, organization and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Collaborate on new menu items and seasonal products.
Suitable candidates will be expected to:
- Work cleanly.
- Be comfortable working at a brisk pace and standing for long periods of time.
- Stay motivated while completing repetitive motions and tasks.
- Follow direction of team leads.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and a passion for food.
- Practice safe food handling and adhere to public safety laws and food safety regulations at all times.
- Ability to comfortably lift 20kg (45lbs)
- Have time management skills and be comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Communicate effectively with team members.
- Kitchen experience and basic knife handling skills.
- Food safety knowledge or Food Handlers certificate.
- Knowledge of F.I.F.O (first in, first out) practices.
- Comfortability with commercial food equipment.
Wage will be based upon applicable kitchen skills and experience of the candidate.
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $14.25-$15.50 per hour
Apply through Glassdoor Here: