Position: Marketing Assistant
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000 Annually
Position Type: 1-year term position, full time (35 hrs/week)
Reports to: Communications Manager
Summary: The Marketing Assistant supports the communications team in a variety of external and multimedia communications.
Overview of the Position
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for tasks ranging from social media content, graphic design, multimedia content design, and content planning/coordination. Integrity, vision, professionalism and passion are key components of this position.
Communications & Marketing
- Posting content on a variety of social media channels managed by EnviroCentre, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube.
- Designing a variety of graphics to support communications and marketing efforts including but not limited to: social media banners, Instagram stories, IGTV, posters, flyers.
- Participate in developing, curating, and editing content for both digital and printed communications and marketing
- Coordinate with communications teams to ensure that prepared communications are scheduled and delivered
- Design and create multimedia content to support our digital communications using tools like Canva, Spark, Headliner, Later, Hootsuite and more
- Editing and scheduling newsletters
- Support EnviroCentre’s commitment to bilingualism by sharing content in both official languages
- Support the Communications Manager in running marketing campaigns
- Provide support in managing and updating EnviroCentre’s websites including envirocentre.ca, ottawagreenbusiness.ca, mygreenlifestyle.ca and more
- Assist with the editing, design, and formatting of presentations
Outreach & Coordination
- Work collaboratively with EnviroCentre staff, clients, local partners and stakeholders in order to maintain and build relationships
- Coordinate and complete other program/project activities as required to ensure that all deliverables are met
- Provide virtual & technical support for online events and activities.
- Conduct research and stay abreast on topics related to environmental marketing
- Work in accordance with applicable health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in a related field (or equivalent professional experience).
- A minimum of three (3) years related professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience working on social media channels, specifically: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Demonstrated experience creating and editing newsletters on MailChimp.
- Demonstrated experience designing graphics for social media with Canva and preferably the Adobe Suite.
- Experience designing a range of marketing materials including posters, flyers, postcards is an asset.
- Experience managing virtual events via Zoom including downloading and editing recordings is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Bilingual in English and French
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point).
- Proficiency with online social media scheduling and monitoring platforms such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Headliner, etc…
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to staff, partners and community stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written & oral), presentation, organization and meeting-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage shifting priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Openness to learning new skills as required.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical ability to solve problems with practical solutions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, and the ability to work as part of team
- Home-office environment with frequent computer use.
EnviroCentre is a virtual workplace and will provide all necessary technology and IT support to employees who work from home from within the Ottawa area.
EnviroCentre is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or municipal laws.
EnviroCentre is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise us in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Closing date: Friday, October 15, 2021
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Important: Please ensure your CV file (PDF) includes your first and last name and the reference number (Reference# EC202104)
Example: Jane_Doe_ EC202104.
Please also put the Reference# EC202104 in the subject line of your email.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.