Job title: Program Assistant - Canada Summer Jobs
Status: Temporary Part-time position until October 15, 2021
Hours: 28 hours/week
Work Location: Onsite
Application deadline: July 30, 2021
Who are we?
Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is an innovative community based, multi-service center. We strive to meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve. We work in partnership with individuals, families, and communities to achieve their full potential, paying particular attention to those who are most vulnerable and at risk. PQCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation due to a disability, Please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
What is Canada Summer Jobs?
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market. To be eligible, youth must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting with the facilitation of programs, assisting with the delivery of food security programming and helping to create resources for residents.
- Outreach activities to residents of OCH neighbourhoods.
- Assist in implementing community based programs (virtual and physically distanced, according to current Ottawa Public Health Guidelines).
- Provides information about community resources.
- Perform administrative duties related to the programs.
- Participates as an active team member in staff meetings.
- Supports Community House Coordinators, Community Workers, volunteers and participants.
- Assists with the operation of food banks and food security programming.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be between the ages of 15-30 years of age as per Canada Summer Jobs requirements.
- Related experience in a community setting and community programs an asset
- Experience working with at-risk children and youth an asset
- Understanding and sensitivity to poverty and minority issues.
- Working remotely may be required.
- Knowledge of online programming an asset.
- Position may require some heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Somali, Arabic or French asset; other languages desirable.
Apply through Indeed HERE: