The National Arts Centre (NAC) is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada.
Curious to learn more? We invite you to read our strategic plan for 2020-2023 in The Next Act.
Collaboration, innovation and community-led engagement are only some of the many initiatives the NAC will leverage to help shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada. One that embodies our slogan and loudly proclaims that Canada is our stage.
Under the supervision of the Reception Coordinator, the Reception Centre Attendant greets patrons upon their arrival and responds to their inquiries, including requests for information on events and performances taking place at the National Arts Centre. The incumbent is also responsible for answering telephone inquiries, ensuring the well-being of patrons and assist them, as required.
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages;
- High school diploma and a minimum of one (1) year of experience working with the public in a service-oriented organization;
- Previous experience using a multi-line phone system;
- Excellent initiative and judgment in dealing with the general public in a fast- paced environment;
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule, when required;
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement.*
- Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please submit your cover letter and resume and ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a true certified copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Background Check as a condition of employment.
Apply through Indeed Here: