Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Canada is our stage:
The National Arts Centre is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC’s vision is to lead and support the renewal of the Canadian performing arts sector over the next three years, with The Next Act, it’s 2020-2023 strategic plan. Through collaboration and investment in creation, production, co-production, and dissemination, along with a heightened focus on community engagement, learning, and innovation, the NAC will shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Steward and Sous Chefs, the Warewasher is accountable for gathering, cleaning and putting away the dishes, pots and pans used in 1 Elgin restaurant, the Banquet rooms and the Main Kitchen. The incumbent is also accountable for maintaining the cleanliness of other areas of the kitchen, including floors, counters, equipments, taking care of the garbage and other related duties as required. These duties are carried out on and off the premises.
- Completion of grade 11 high school education;
- Two (2) years experience as a ware washer;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment;
- Physical work will be required;
- Must be able to lift up to 30 to 50 lbs on a regular basis;
- Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 100lbs;
- Available to work days, evenings and weekend shifts;
- Ability to communicate verbally in both official languages is an asset;
- A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement.*
Interested? Apply through Indeed Here: