This is African ground beef sauce can be eaten with rice, pasta, injera or as pictured with pita. Versatile sauce recipe with a good kick.
- 1/4cup of oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- A pound of ground beef
- 1 bell pepper in small pieces
- 1 celery stalk cut into cubes
- 1/2 habanero pepper
- 1/2 cup of beef stock
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp of Thirteen's Pili Pili or Berbere spice mix
- salt and pepper
- 3 bay leaves
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Saute for about 45 seconds.
3. in another pan fry the ground beef and put aside
4. Add your veggies to the onion and garlic pan and mix well
5. Add beef stock, tomato sauce,Thirteens's Pili Pili or Berbere spice mix, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes then add the ground beef.
6. Stir well, then add bay leaves
7. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.