Our mac and cheese with wings on the side is my go to dish, I usually have it whenever i'm craving for takeout or just hanging out at home on the weekends. Best part about it is I also have some leftovers for the next day so I don't have to cook. :)
Recipe by Nima
Prep : 10 Minutes
Cook: 40 Minutes
Ingredients Mac & cheese1 bag of macaroni elbow pasta
2 tsp flour
2 tsp salted butter
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Armstrong natural cheese
1 can evaporated milk
4 oz Velveeta cheese shredded
1 tsp Pili Pili spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°f and bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux.
- Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses and Pili Pili spice mix, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put the macaroni in a large casserole dish (8x10), and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well to distribute the cheese.
- Top with cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with a little Pili pili spice.
Ingredients for Wings
2 pounds frozen, ready-to-cook chicken wings
⅔ cup ketchup
½ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons berbere
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
½ teaspoon red pili pili
Chicken Wing Instructions
1. Arrange chicken wings on a baking pan. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Cook the chicken wings for 40 minutes until browned.
2. Make barbeque sauce by whisking ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, berbere, salt, pepper, and pili pili together in a small sauce pan until well combined. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place cooked wings in a large bowl; pour desired amount of sauce over top and toss to coat well.