Recipe by Samiatou
The seafood ingredients in this recipe cook at different rates, so you’ll want to put the longest cooking items in the boil first, then add the others later on.
Lobster: 8-12 minutes
Clams: 5-10 minutes
Crab: 6-8 minutes for pre-cooked crab, 20 minutes for raw crab
Shrimp: 2-3 minutes
- 15 cups of water
- 3 lemons
- 8 garlic cloves smashed or minced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp Thirteen's Berbere spice (for the broth)
- 1 lb potatoes ( chopped into small chunks)
- 3 lobster tails
- 1 lb crab
- 1 lb clams
- either fresh corn off the cob (4 cobs) or 1 can of corn.
- 1 tsp Berbere spice ( for garnish)
- 1/4 cup parsley
1. Cut 2 of the lemons into quarters. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges and keep those aside for garnish.
2. Fill a large pot with 14-16 cups of water and put the 2 quartered lemons in the water along with Thirteen's Berbere spice, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the lobster tails and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, crab, and corn, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain the seafood mixture from the pot, reserving 1 cup of the broth.
4. Melt the butter in a small bowl and whisk it into the reserved broth. Pour the broth over the seafood mixture.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with another 1/2 tsp of Berbere Spice or more to taste, then serve immediately. This can be serve with fresh bread so help soak up the broth!! Yummy!