Back in the day my grandma always used to cook macaroni for me, so I thought it’d be inspirational for me to come up with a similar recipe but with a little change to it to include the berbere spice, so that’s when it came to me to make a skillet cheesy beef and veggie macaroni.
I showed this Recipe to Noel and he loved it, he suggests that on a special weekday you might want to check out this amazing berbere skillet macaroni. With a layer of cheddar cheese, tomato sauce, beef and macaroni you can achieve this delicious masterpiece.
Recipe by Taika and Neil
Yield - 6 servings
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
Tools & Equipment
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans…)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 360
- Saute ground beef and onion in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Drain grease.
- Add garlic powder, paprika, parsley, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Stir in the milk, broth, tomato sauce, macaroni and frozen mixed vegetables. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese until melted. Top with ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the whole skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
- can be serve on its own or with garlic bread.