Recipe by Victoria
Prep : 10 MIN
Cook: 40 MIN
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Thirteen's Pili Pili Spice
- 1 lb. (450 g) uncooked de-veined, peeled large shrimp
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups of the cheese of your choice (we used a mix of orange and white cheddar)
1.Preheat the oven to 350°f and bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al-dente. Strain and set aside.
2. In a cast Iron pan or oven safe pan, add olive oil, onions, garlic and 1 tsp Pili Pili spice. Cook that down for a minute or so and then add the flour. whisk that continuously until the flour begins to smell a little nutty. This will be the base of your roux.
3. Add the milk a quarter cup at a time while whisking. As the sauce thickens add more milk until you have added the 2 required cups.
4. Continue to mix as you add in the cheese. Leave about 1 cup aside.
5. Mix the macaroni in with the cheese sauce.
6. Season the shrimp with Thirteen's Pili Pili spice mix and salt and cook it for two two minutes on each side. Add the shrimp to the pan with the macaroni.
7. Now you can add the remaining cup of cheese and breadcrumbs to the top of the dish.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese sauce is bubbling and crispy on top.