Hi guys! Welcome to our culinary blog site.
My name is Franck, my recipe is chicken pili pili fried rice. Ever since I was a child, I have always been a huge fan of chicken fried rice. Now, I decided to make my own version. The only modification I made is replacing Italian spices with thirteen’s pili pili spice. This version of spicy chicken and vegetables will make you fall in love. The recipe is simple and tasty! I think i’m addicted to pili pili. - Recipe by Franck
Preparation: 45 min
Cooking time: 20 min
4 tsp. tablespoons of olive oil
3 stalks of celery, sliced
3 large carrots, halved lengthwise then sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. 1/2 teaspoon Thirteen Pili Pili spice
1 tsp. of Thirteen Berbere spice
600 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 cup soy sauce
10 large white mushrooms, cut into quarters
150g snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
5 cups cooked basmati rice (1 1/2 cups raw rice)
2 cups Chinese napa cabbage, cut into large cubes
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the celery and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic, onion, Pili Pili, Berbere, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and soy sauce. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Then throw in the mushrooms and snow peas. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to maximum, add the rice and mix well. Make a hole in the center so you can see the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs into the center of the rice and stir for 1 minute to start cooking. Mix everything well and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the cabbage and mix well! Serve immediately and add plenty of soy sauce to taste. Enjoy!