This recipe is eaten as breakfast during Ramadan. The whole family joins together to eat this as well as many other dishes.
Recipe by Rua
Prep time: 20
Cook time: 20
Tools & Equipment
- 3 potatoes, cut into bite size
- 6 pieces of chicken breast
- 4 cups of water
- 8 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of Pili Pili
- 1 tsp of Berbere
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Milk
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- ½ ginger
- ½ garlic
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat up 4 tbsp of oil in a medium sized pan and fry the potato.
- When the potatoes are cooked, mashed them into a bowl.
- While the potatoes are frying, season your chicken with ½ tsp of garlic and pepper, ginger, Berbere and Pili Pili spice.
- On medium heat boil the chicken breast in a pot for 30 min.
- When the chicken is cooked, take it out of the water and shred the chicken breast with a fork.
- add the chicken to the mashed potatoes combine everything together.
- Take the mixed potatoes and shape it into rods. You can make at least 15 little rods.
- In a bowl add eggs and milk. And have a separate plate for bread crumbs. Dip the rods chicken mixture into the egg and milk mixture and the bread crumbs. Repeat the instructions for each rods.
- Fry each rod chicken mixture in a pan with oil for 3-5 min.