SUMMER SAUSAGE STEW
A fresh and tasty stew full of summer vegetables, savoury sausage and a zesty pop from Thirteen's Xawaash spice blend. Make a batch of this stew and share a bowl with a neighbour today!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 head of medium cauliflower, cut up into small florets
- 6 large new potatoes, washed and skin left on, diced
- 3-4 cups corn kernels (fresh is preferred but canned corn works too)
- 5 sweet Italian sausages
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Xawaash spice blend
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. Place sausages on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool and then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in onions, celery and carrots, and saute for two or three minutes.
- Add in the Xawaash spice blend, oregano and salt and pepper and continue to saute until the vegetables are well coated in the spices.
- Add in the cauliflower and potatoes stir well, and then add in the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add in the corn and sausages and let simmer uncovered for another five minutes until the sausage pieces are fully cooked and vegetables are fork tender.
- Serve in large bowls with fresh bread and butter! Enjoy!