Creamy Xawaash Pasta
We make big batches of this recipe for the Thirteen team. It is easy to prepare large amounts and we can do it ahead of time. If you are looking for something to feed the family that everyone will love, bring to a potluck or just something to have leftovers then this is a great option.
Serves about 10
1 bag of 900g noodles
2 peppers cubed
3 tomatoes cubed
1 bunch of green onions
1 tbsp of butter or margarine
2 cups of cream
2 to 3 tbsp of Thirteens Xawaash spice
225 g ( or more we like more ) of mozzarella cheese
*** optional add chicken for added protein and flavour***
- Boil pasta
- *** coat the chicken in oil and Xawaash spice, cook in a preheated oven at 350 for 20 minutes (until white in the middle) ***
- As pasta is boiling chop veggies. Add the peppers to the pan and saute. Leave the tomatoes and green onion aside.
- Once pasta is ready strain and put it in a large oven safe dish.
- Stir in the butter, cream and Xawaash spice
- Once the spices are mixed add in the veggies (optional chicken), followed by the cheese. Leave a little cheese to lightly coat the top of the pasta.
- Bake at 350 for aprox 15 mins ( until the cheese is nicely melted )