Skip to content
6 large eggs, enough to cover the ingredients
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
6 turkey or chicken sausages, chopped
2 small gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups fresh baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Xawaash (more or less to your taste)
1 cup shredded cheese
1 (10- to 12-inch) nonstick oven safe frying pan or cast iron skillet
- Heat the oven. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, Xawaash and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon. Add the sausage to the cold pan, then turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the sausage, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the sausage.
- Saute the potatoes in sausage fat. Return the pan to medium-heat, add the potatoes and sprinkle with the pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Wilt the spinach with the garlic. Pile the spinach into the pan with the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Add the sausage back to the pan and stir to evenly distribute.
- Add the cheese. Spread the vegetables into an even layer, flattening with a spatula. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let it just start to melt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cheese. Tilt the pan to make sure the eggs settle evenly over all the vegetables. Cook for a minute or two until you see the eggs at the edges of the pan beginning to set.
- Bake the frittata. Put the pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes. check, cut a small slit in the center of the frittata. If raw eggs run into the cut, bake for another few minutes; if the eggs are set, pull the frittata from the oven. For a browned, crispy top, run the frittata under the broiler for a minute or two at the end of cooking.
- Cool and serve. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve. Enjoy!