When I was young my parents made a lot of meat recipes, and honestly I liked it a lot. I also make recipes inspired by my parents. This double meat macaroni recipe is simple, doesn't take much time and it is delicious.
Recipe by Gracien
Prep time : 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Tools & Equipment
Casserole Dish or oven safe skillet (we used a cast iron pan)
- 1 lb (453 g) macaroni
- 2 lb (906 g) ground beef
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Pili pili spice
Instructions (steps for making the recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until they reach an al dente texture.
- Add the beef and onions to a pan or the cast iron skillet.
- Break up the ground beef and brown for 6-7 minutes. Drain the fat.
- Mix well and add the spices (Pili Pili spice and salt), Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Let that cook down for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the water from the macaroni and mix it in with the beef.
- Add the cheddar cheese throughout and on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until you have a nice golden colour on your cheese.