In celebration of Cinqo to Mayo, we decided to try this spicy enchilada casserole recipe with our Pili Pili spice mix.
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 3 chicken breast, or 6 chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 package small tortillas, chopped into small squares
- 1 Pepper, cubed
- half red onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- half yellow onion, diced
- 1 tomato cubed,
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, or cheese of your choice (I used goat cheese to get creamier texture)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tsp Pili Pili spice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
1. Start by cutting up your chicken and in a medium pan on medium heat began to cook through. (oil your pan)
2. As the chicken is cooking chop and prepare all your vegetables.
3. Heat a large pan (that can also be put in the oven) with cooking oil. Once the oil is hot add the onions. Once the onions have cooked down add the rest of the veg, leaving the spinach aside.
4. When the veggies have cooked down and are beginning to brown add the spices, cheese and tomato sauce. Mix well. Add the tortillas, cooked chicken and spinach and mix well.
5. Place the dish in the over on 425 heat for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and looking delicious.