Check out for a great and delicious vegetarian recipe to taste, made of farfalle pasta, mushrooms, spinach, and parmesan cheese. This recipe is easy and quick to make. I used Xawaash spice and Pili pili spice to make it spicy but if you want less spicy, you can take out Pili pili and just use Xawaash.
Recipe by Keynes
- 4 oz (400g) farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz (400 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz (300g) fresh spinach
- 1cup (125ml) vegetable broth
- 1 green pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon Xawaash
- 1 tsp Pili pili
- To make the creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta skillet: Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent and slightly browned. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes until browned. Add a bit of oil if necessary. Remove mushrooms to the plate with onion and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until just wilted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove spinach and drain excess water. Transfer to another plate.
- Still, in the same skillet, heat a little oil, add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then deglaze with vegetable broth. Add cream, grated parmesan, pili pili, xawaash, oregano, salt and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined and the cream gets some colour.
Once the pasta is ready, add mushrooms, onion, and spinach back to the skillet, then put drained pasta and toss to combine. Add more parmesan and give a quick stir. Serve the creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta with more parmesan, if you like. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Keynes