Check out this AWESOME peanut curry! There is nothing we love more than an excuse to eat more peanut butter. This curry is sweet and spicy and filled with delicious veggies. Hope you enjoy!
Peanut Chicken Curry Ingredients
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of Bell peppers cubed
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 80 g tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup chicken broth add more as you go along to thin out if needed
- A little salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Xawaash
- Pili pili, the more the spicier
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
(start your rice as you are cooking the sauce)
1.Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Saute for about 45 seconds.
3. Add your veggies and mix well
4. Add chicken broth, Xawaash , pili pili, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. then stir in coconut milk.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. While curry sauce is simmering, cut the chicken into small pieces and coat with cornstarch. In a medium skillet, heat oil and saute chicken until cooked through. When fully cooked, remove and let sit on paper towels and mix into the curry sauce.
7. Serve with rice.