- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Vegetable oil, divided
- 2- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Pilau Masala or Xawaash
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 5-6 Okra, sliced
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) Chicken broth, divided
- 1 Large potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Chopped fresh cilantro
- add any vegetable of your choice
- Heat 1 tlbs oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until brown. Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add tomato paste, Pilau masala and cayenne. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and increase the temperature to medium-high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add your veggies and 1 cup chicken broth. Stir in potatoes and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken back in the pan and add remaining broth until chicken is almost covered.
- REDUCE heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are very tender and internal temperature reaches 185 ̊F (85 ̊C). Stir in cilantro before serving. Enjoy!
Can be eaten with pita bread or rice!