- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale remove stem and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pilau masala
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth ( you can substitute the broth with water)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion, pilau masala & garlic for about 4 minutes until onion starts to brown.
- Add kale cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in rice for 2 minutes to combine all the ingredients , followed by beef broth, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Prep time :15 minutes
Cook time : 30 minutes
Tools & Equipment
- Large pan
- Chopping board
Best served with Pili pili marinated chicken