Fried beef and rice was one of the first recipes that i learned from my mom and it was the only recipe that I was able to remember how to make. My family and I eat it all the time when there is a big family gathering.
Recipe by Divine
- 500mg beef cubes (with bones is optional)
- 3 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pilau Masala
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 large Onions
- 2 tsp pilau masala
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- In a medium pot. Boil the beef for 15 min on high heat until beef is tender and put aside.
- Cut 1 onions in half and then finely slice them into semi circles.
- In a bowl wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes
- Add ¼ cup of oil in a cooking pot on medium heat and wait for the oil to heat up. About 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and pilau masala to the oil and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown. stir gradually.
- Add the rice and fry the rice for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the water ( make sure the water is one inch higher than the rice)
- Cook for 19 minutes until the water is fully absorbed. Set aside.
- Chop 2 tomatoes and the rest of the onions
- Take out the beef you had put aside fry for at least 10-15 minutes in a medium pan.
- Remove the beef and place on paper towels
- Add onions, tomatos/ tomoato sauce, salt and pilau masala. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Lastly add the fried beef and cook for 5 minutes. Stir to coat everything together
- Let it boil until the soup is thickened. Continue stirring to avoid burning.
- Serve and Enjoy a lovely meal with your loved ones.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Tools & Equipment