While it may be getting warmer outside, this chili is here to stay! This is a super simple recipe that can easily be adapted with whatever you have in your cupboard or fridge.
- 0.5 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pepper, cubed
- 1 tbsp Pili Pili Spice
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cup or one small can tomato sauce
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- sour cream/plain Greek yogurt and green onions for toppings (optional)
1. In a large pot add 1 tsp cooking oil. Once hot add the diced onion. After the onions have yellowed add the ground beef. Break up the beef and mix until browned.
2. Add your Pili Pili, Chili powder, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Add the diced tomato, tomato sauce and beans. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Serve with a dollop of sour creak or plain Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of green onion.