My name is Fatoumata Barry. I am a student who is always ready to learn new things and is happy to go on new adventures. I use the recipe when I am feeling hungry and I want to make something quick and tasty. My whole family loves this dish because it's so easy to make. I think this is a dish that could be prepared at a family dinner and that everyone will enjoy it, even the picky eaters. I promise you that! I learnt how to make it this summer, thanks to my mom.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon pili pili spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- 1 (2 pound) flat iron steak, cut into cubes
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoon of pili pili spice (Or more if you would like it more spicy)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Slice potatoes into French fries and place them into a large bowl of cold water to prevent them from turning brown.
- Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- While the oil is heating, put garlic salt, onion salt, paprika, and salt into a large bowl.
- Put the fries in the large bowl and mix it.
- Put the fries onto the saucepan one at a time.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy on all sides
- Place the beef cubes inside of a large resealable bag. In a small bowl, put together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary, chives, salt, pili pili, pepper and mustard powder
- Pour over the steak in the bag. Press out as much air as you can and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Cook the steak in the hot pan for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or to your desired degree.
- Allow the steaks to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley or Rosemary herbs.
- Can be served with Ketchup, Mayo or any other dipping sauce of your choice on the side.