Since I was a kid I have loved eating samosas. I’m not a fan of eating breakfast, so I decided to learn how to make this recipe, it's my favorite snack to eat and I'd rather start my day with samosa than toast! Treat your self to this amazing snack, for breakfast or anytime!
Recipe by Micheal
samosa pastry (you can use tortillas or phyllo pastry, if using phyllo use 3 or 4 layers)
1/2 kg of ground beef
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of Xawaash
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup of flour
1 cup water
2 tsp Oil
Canola oil for frying
1. Heat up oil in medium saucepan on medium high heat. Saute the onions for 3 minutes till onions turns translucent, add ground beef and stir for 3 minutes.
2. Add xawaash and salt. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add a cup of water, cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Cook until browned all the way through.
3. In a small bowl, mix water and flour to make a thick paste, which will be used to seal samosas. Set aside.
4. Cut the samosa pastry into approx 6 cm wide and 30 cm long stripes, add filling and fold the sheet in a triangular form. Apply the thick paste to seal it together.
5. In a large, deep pan, heat the canola oil to 350°F. Once the oil is at the correct temperature, carefully place 3-6 samosas in the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes, flipping once, golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
cook time 30 minutes
Tools & Equipment
Deep fry pan