Since I was a kid I loved eating samosas for breakfast. So, I decided to learn how to make this recipe, it's my favorite snack to eat for breakfast. although I’m not a fan of eating breakfast, samosa changed my life! I'd rather start my day with samosa than bread.
Recipe by Micheal
1/2 kg of ground beef
1/2 of red onion, cut into rings
1/2 teaspoon of Xawaash
1/2 teaspoon of berbere
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup of flour
1 cup water
2 tsp Oil
Canola oil for frying
1. Heat up oil in medium saucepan on medium high heat. Saute the onions for 3 minutes till onions turns translucent, add ground beef and stir for 3 minutes.
2. Add berbere, xawaash and salt. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add a cup of water, cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix water and flour to make a thick paste, which will be used to seal samosas. Set aside.
4. Cut the samosa pastry into 6 cm wide and 30 cm long stripes, add filling and fold the sheet in a triangular form. Apply the thick paste to seal it together.
5. In a large, deep pan, heat the canola oil to 350°F. Once the oil is at the correct temperature, carefully place 3-6 samosas in the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes, flipping once, golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
This recipe can serve up to 12 people
cook time 30 minutes
Tools & Equipment
Deep fry pan