We tried this with chicken, and then we tried it with Eggplant. SOOO good. Nothing like a spicy eggplant.
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 large Eggplants or 6 to 8 small ones
- Red chilies and/or Thirteen's PIli Pili spice mix
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 3 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar or Honey
- Green onion
In a large pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil. When the pan is hot, add eggplant in a single layer. Cook 2 minutes and flip over each piece so they cook evenly. Cook another 2-3 minutes, flipping occasionally.The egg plant should brown and the skin should wrinkle
- Push eggplant aside in wok and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic, red chili peppers or Pili Pili spice, ginger and green onion.
- Stir until they become fragrant. Combine with eggplant and stir fry for one minute. Add soy sauce and honey or sugar and mix everything together.
- Garnish with green onion. Can be served over quinoa or rice, or just on its own.
Pictured below is a version made with Chicken and Eggplant. If making with chicken cook in a separate pan, and add in after stage two.