While some of us are missing our vacations by the coast, we can still make up some scrumptious seafood dishes at home. Check out this EXTREMELY tasty lobster poutine. Seriously, the sauce is out of this world !
- 6 tbsp of Berbere
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 4 cups (1 litre) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cold water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce
- ½ lb (225 g) cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1 2/3 lb (750 g) frozen French fries, cooked until crispy
- 7 oz (200 g) cheese curds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
In a large pot over medium heat, cook the onion, fennel and garlic in the oil until lightly browned. Add the tomato, tomato paste and cayenne. Cook for 1 minute while stirring. Deglaze with water and let reduce by half. Add the broth. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water and fish sauce.
In a fine mesh strainer set over another pot, strain the sauce, pressing firmly with the back of a ladle to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the vegetables. Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning. Stir in the lobster and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
Divide the fries among four bowls. Garnish with the cheese, lobster sauce and green onion.