On Canada Day, people not only remember the country's founding but also the variety of its cultural heritage. My mother started teaching me how to cook when I was a very small child, and it was a wonderful experience to learn the fundamentals of Burkina Faso cuisine. I now make an effort to prepare using recipes from other countries. Today I made fried rice, an Asian dish to which I naturally added my own twist .
Ricepe by Kenza
This recipe makes a meal for 3 people.
Prep time 30-40 mins
Cook time 15 minutes
Tools & Equipment -
Serve with refreshing drinks and a hungry stomach
- 1 pack of pacific white shrimp (160g)
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of freshly minced garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Parsley
- 2 tsp of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp of chicken seasoning
- Sprinkles of maggi jumbo spice
- 2 cups of thoroughly washed rice
- 1 handful of mixed vegetables
- 3 ½ cups of water
- 2 tbsp Berbere spice
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oil
1. Starting off with our rice, scoop out 2 cups of rice and wash it thoroughly in water until it's clear. Add 3 ½ cups of water, 1 tsp of oil, and salt. Mix thoroughly, then set on medium- low heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Set aside.
2. Wash the shrimps and clean them if needed. Peeling the skin is optional.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, add garlic and one-third of your thinly sliced onions and stir for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Once everything is combined, add the mixed vegetables and shrimp. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes, checking and stirring everything every 30 seconds.
4. Once the shrimps are golden. Add 2 tsp of garlic, berbere spice, Maggi jumbo spice, soy sauce and tomato paste. cook for 5 minutes, then grounded black pepper, chicken seasoning spice, and chicken broth. Then crack 2 eggs and add it to the mix.
7. Add cooked rice to the mixture. Mix well and add the rest of the garlic and soy sauce to your liking. And cover for 10 minutes.
8. Serve your delicious food on a plate and get ready to devour it :)