Veggie Burgers! Dad may not be a vegetarian but these patties will have even the meat lovers coming back for seconds. Cook these fritters up for a veggie burger or make smaller sizes for a tasty app. Use this recipe for an spicy yogurt dip!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweet potato
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 3/4 chickpea flour
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 table spoon Pili Pili spice
- lots of salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 table spoons of fat for cooking (bacon fat is best!)
1. Shred zucchini, leave the zuchinni to soak on some paper towel or a tea towel while you shred the potato. Squeeze out all the remaining water from the zucchini. Once the Zucchini is drained and feels more dry, add them shredded veggies to a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs and add to the bowl, coating all the shredded veggies.
3. Add the flour, garlic and spices. mix thoroughly. If the mixture is to wet, add more flour. Too dry, add a tiny bit of water.
4. Heat your pan with your oil or fat. Form the mixture into whatever size patty you want. Bigger if you are going to use them as burgers or small ones if you want them as an appetizer.
5. Cook each side for approx 3 to 5 mins depending on the size.