By Michael M.
I made this dish because I used to cook it all the time. I eat it for breakfast because it was something quick and easy to make. I learned to make it from my mother and I thought the Xawaash spice would be really great with it. You can also you use it as a side dish with any meal.
- 4 large sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 white potatoes cubed
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 tsp Xawaash for a mild flavour or Pili PIli for a sweet and spicy flavour
- 1 tsp of oil
- Tablespoon of butter, cream or oil
- In a medium pot boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- In another pan add the onion and 1 tablespoon of oil on a medium heat. Once the onions have cooked down slightly add tomatoes and xawaash mix and gradually stir till bubbles start to form.
- When the potatoes are soft, strain and mash them, adding a bit of butter, cream or Oil for a Vegan recipe
- Add potatoes to the pan and mix with the onion and spices.