Position: General Casual Pool - Labourer
Competition Number: 2021-IN-EN-53260348-01
Competition posting date: 2021.04.20
Competition closing date: 9999.12.31
Public Works & Environmental Services Department, Solid Waste Services, Collections Operations Branch Multiple Casual Positions
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside Salary: $17.000 per hour (2019 rates of pay)
Location: 2799 Swansea Crescent * You may initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
Responsible for providing complementary maintenance and labour support for Service Areas within Public Works and Environmental Services.
Education & Experience
Completion of some secondary school (minimum Grade 10) or equivalent. Up to one month of experience. *Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Must have a valid unrestricted Class "G" driver's license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated. English oral, reading, writing required
- General knowledge of City Services
- Proper lifting techniques
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Operation with the use of hand tools and power tools (jack hammers, tampers, levels, chainsaws push snow blower push mowers and grass trimmers)
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with management, other employees, and the general public
- Must be able to successfully complete a Back-fit Test
- Possess the physical capability to perform the ongoing duties of the position
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements
- Ability to communicate with the general public and staff
TO APPLY CLICK THIS LINK - this will bring you to the city of ottawa posting
If you are currently logged onto the City network, a copy of the current job description is available by clicking here. If you are not logged onto the City network, a copy of the current job description is available by clicking here, or by contacting the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411. If this opportunity matches your interest and profile, please apply online by using the "Apply" button.
If this is your first online application, please refer to resources on how to apply for jobs online. If you are having issues applying online, please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.