Volunteer opportunity with Social Harvest Ottawa at 815 St.Laurent community hub.
The Growing and Operations Assistants will be
supporting staff with planting,
maintaining growing structures
microgreens, leafy greens, herbs, and more for the
community. Volunteers will also work on the
maintenance and care of our community garden
pollinator gardens. Volunteers can be asked to
help with building and setting up raised beds as
well as caring for our vermicomposting system.
Social Harvest Greenhouse-Rideau-Rockcliffe
Community Resource Centre (815 St. Laurent Blud.)
Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-12:00PM and 1:00-4:00PM.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Physically able to bend and do light lifting
(4.5 -9kg, 10-201bs) for 3 hours or more.
• Comfortable working as part of a team in a
• General interest in foodsecurity,
horticulture, engineering, design, health,
• Able to complete duties with minimum
• Previous gardening or greenhouse skills will
be appreciated, but are not required.
3 volunteers for the morning shift and 3
volunteers for the afternoon shift
• Help to improve physical and financial access
of healthy foods to households experiencing
• Develop new skills and knowledge related to
growing food and food security.
• Earn volunteer hours for school or reference
• Meet new, like-minded individuals.
• For more info about these volunteer
opportunities or to apply, please email:
email@example.com or call (613) 745-
0073 ext. 132
For more info about the Social Harvest Ottawa,