Are you or someone you know is interested in SEWING?
If yes, then this apprenticeship opportunity with Ephemera Bespoke Handcrafts & Atelier is for you. Please read the job details below!
Join a locally woman-owned, handmade pet accessories business! All their products are lovingly made by
hand, using premium fabrics and materials, quality hardware, handstitched to perfection, and carefully
packaged with love and gratitude. Ephemera takes great pride in their one-of-a-kind designs that highlight any
pup's individual style.
With the lifting of COVID restrictions, Ephemera Bespoke Handcrafts & Atelier has finally been able to do
in-person events, including markets, festivals and trade shows. They are looking for an apprentice/right hand,
to help the owner run events, help with production tasks, including sewing & designing patterns, as well as
help with daily tasks of running a small business, meeting deadlines, completing custom orders, inventory
management and social media.
- Assist with the daily tasks of running a small business, including production, assembly, sewing and pattern
design, product development, packaging and order fulfillment.
- Able to help with night markets (starting in June) weekend markets, festivals & tradeshows
- Must have sewing and pattern design experience, must love dogs, be a good communicator, responsible and
hard-working, and able to set-up and strike display booth.
- Be prepared to work under tight deadlines, prepare for upcoming events and fill orders, including sewing,
cutting fabric, making wellness products, packaging, assembling collars & leashes, etc.
- Must be a people & pet person, be friendly, outgoing and meticulous.
- Able to lift heavy object such as pop-up canopy, table, chair, plastic bins, etc.
- Capable of standing for a few hours at market events.
- Have a vehicle (if possible)
- Language: English (French and Spanish a plus!)
This position will be a great opportunity to meet and get to know the Ottawa handmade community, to make
connections and learn about running a small business, in addition to receiving training & mentoring from a
well seasoned entrepreneur. The owner, Patrice Stanley, is waiting on a government grant in order to be able
to make this hire, details will be forthcoming over the next few weeks.
Interested in this opportunity? Reach out to Patrice below for more details
Patrice Stanley, Owner Ephemera Bespoke Handcrafts & Atelier
Website - https://ephemeraartstudio.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ephemerapatrice/
Email – email@example.com