ou must be at least 18 years old (no later than July 1)
Under the guidance of the Camp Director and Department Head, you are responsible for delivering recreation programs to campers 5 to 12 years old and to ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience. The programs take place indoors, outdoors, and may also include off-site activities.
Counselors are assigned to a specific camp and age group from one week to another. They work side by side with our teachers in implementing our camp programs. Our Counselors provide the energy and enthusiasm that make this camp a special place for all the kids involved. Many Counselors are seeking experience working with kids so that they may pursue teaching as a profession.
- You know how to swim and are comfortable in the water with kids.
- You have a valid CPR Certificate (Level C) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid First Aid Certificate (Standard) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid Criminal Record Check (before the start of camp).
- Preference will be given to applicants who are certified teachers and ECE or are graduating soon from these programs.
- You’ve been a camper yourself and/or you have previous camp staff experience.
- You are an enthusiastic, energetic and fun-loving role model.
- You have personal experience or a keen interest in the specialty camp to which you are applying.
- You provide strong references that can’t say enough about your positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Hours … one of the 3 shifts below will be assigned on a weekly basis:
- 7:30am to 4:30pm (early)
- 8:00am to 5:00pm (middle)
- 8:30am to 5:30pm (late)
$15.50 to $16.50/hour based on education and experience