Position: Youth Liaison and Drop-in Coordinator
Organization: Parkdale Food Centre
Location: 30 Rosemount Street #2 Ottawa. Combination of in-person and remote work
Hours/Duration: 21 hrs/week for 20 weeks
Start Date: Contract Monday November 29th to March 21st
Rate of Pay: $14.35/hr for 60 hours the following hours at $18.54/hr
- See the complexities and structural factors impacting today's social climate?
- Notice the interconnectedness of social justice, community connectedness and economic security?
- Believe that connecting youth with their community creates a resilient community?
- Want to support young people in achieving their goals?
The Youth Liaison will be responsible for finding and sharing youth resources such as jobs and grants, developing internal resources including training material, planning events and supporting the delivering of GF workshops for youth of all ages. The Youth Liaison will also be responsible for facilitating and coordinating our Weekly Youth Drop-in Night every Wednesday.
- Supporting Thirteen in alumni outreach and updates
- Assisting the facilitation of existing workshops and discussions
- Developing and delivering new workshops and facilitating discussions independently through Drop-in a setting
- Creating appealing and accessible content to raise awareness/understanding of social justice issues
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of/interest in social justice issues such as food security for our community
- Understanding of presentation tools such as Google slides and Canva
- Video editing skills an asset
- Ability to engage and activate peers in thoughtful discussion
- Knowledge of/interest in social media sites such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook
- Knowledge of Shopify platform or keen interest in learning
- Youth up to age 29 (Please see Youth Services Bureau for eligibility criteria)
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised
- Access to a computer and a stable internet connection as some of this work will be remote. Please indicate if you need support with this.
- Self-motivated, responsible
Reports to: Thirteen Team lead Meagan and Growing Futures Coordinator
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday Nov. 19th. Consider the questions at the top of this posting as you write your cover letter. Take this opportunity to let your passion and personality shine! Please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Please let us know if you need any accommodations for this application.
The Parkdale Food Centre is committed to respecting diversity and inclusion for all. We strive to ensure that our programs are reflective of the communities we serve and that everyone - all of our Neighbours, have an equitable and safe seat at the PFC community table.
Please note: only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.