This recipe is a traditional Arab dish. I wanted to share this recipe because I make it for every Ramadan.
Recipe by Ryan and Mayar
20 pieces for 10 persons
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Tools & Equipment
- ½ kg of halal ground beef
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 big onion or 2 small ones, chopped
- 1 Pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tbsp of Berbere
- ½ tbsp of Pili Pili
- 1 tbsp tomato pasta
- 1 packs of small tortilla bread
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 Lemon
Cooking the group beef:
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan on medium heat. Add the chop the onion, pepper, tomato and parsley. And stir all the veggies.
- Add ground beef and the juice of the lemon with ¼ tsp of salt, 1\2 tbsp of Berbere and Pili Pili then mix everything together. Once you have seasoned your ground beef, stir gradually and let it simmer.
- After 10-15 minutes, the ground meat should be ready.
- Take 1 tbsp of flour and water into a bowl and mix it together, till the flour becomes a paste.
Wrapping a samousa:
- To create the samosa shell, take your small tortillas and cut them in half.
- Put a tbsp of filling on one side of the shell, then fold the other half over to make a triangle shape.
- Take the paste and seal the edges.
- Make sure they are secure enough so that no filling will leak out.
- Once you finish wrapping your samousa, fry them in oil at medium heat.
- Eat and Enjoy!
They taste better when they are warm.