Hi guys, my name’s Christian, I’m originally from Congo. I moved to Canada in 2016, I joined Thirteen because I fell in love with the spices while I was volunteering there before joining the group and it was an amazing experience. I wanted to meet new people and get more experience.
I had this recipe at a family friend's house and I immediately fell in love with it so I started making it at home. The reason why I shared this recipe with the group is because it is very delicious and easy to make at home.
Recipe by Christian
- 1 Ib ground chicken
- 1 onion small
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp of oil
- 2 Tsp of Xawaash
- Pre-made sambusa shell
To buy Thirteen's Xawaash Spice CLICK HERE
- Heat up oil in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Saute the onions for 3 minutes till the onions turn translucent, add ground beef and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add xawaash and salt. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add a cup of water, cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Cook until browned all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix water and flour to make a thick paste, which will be used to seal samosas. Set aside.
- Cut the samosa pastry into to any shape you want, add filling and fold the sheet. Apply the thick paste to seal it together.
- In a large deep pan, heat the canola oil to 350°F. Once the oil heated, carefully place 3-5 samosas in the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes, flipping once, golden brown. Remove from oil and rest on paper towels.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes