- 1 tsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ to 2 Tbsp. of 13’s Pilau Masala Spice Mix (depending on spice preference)
- 2 cups washed white rice
- 4 cups chicken, beef or vegetable broth or water
- ½ tsp salt (more if you are using water)
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the oil, butter and diced onion. Cook until the onion is softened - about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and 13’s Pilau Masala Spice Mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir thoroughly to coat the rice in the mixture.
- Add the broth (or water) and salt. Bring to a boil, stir, place a lid on the pot and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, keep the lid on and let rice sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish to any meal.