Hi my name is Joyce. When I get home after a long day and my stomach is rumbling, a food that brings me comfort is grilled chicken made by my mom and fried rice. For this recipe, I decided I would combine two of my favourite things together… my favourite spice and chicken. I first discovered pili pili at a very young age. It was a very popular spice back in Kenya and still is. I grew up loving spicy things and mixing food together to make tasteful combinations and that's how I came to love fried rice with eggs. Plus, it's really easy to make if you're running late or just want a quick but tasty meal after a really long day. My favourite part about this recipe is that you don't have to measure anything, you just have fun with it and it will taste even better!
Yield - 2 people
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 15-25 minutes
INGREDIENTS(grilled chicken breast)
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Pili pili
- Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Montreal seasoning
- Olive oil
- Place chicken breast between two pieces of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet
- Brush both side of the chicken with olive oil
- Season generously with Pili Pili and any other spice you want on both sides
- Place the chicken smooth side down on the grill and close the lid.
- Flip after ten minutes and let it cook to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tools & Equipment
Meat mallet or a rolling pin if you don't have a meat mallet
INGREDIENTS( fried rice with eggs)
- ½ an onion
- 1 tbs pilau masala
- Cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- Put your stove on medium heat
- Oil your wok pan
- Dice half an onion and add pilau masala and let it cook for around 2 minutes
- When ready, add your rice and keep turning till its evenly distributed
- Mix two eggs in a cup and add some salt to it
- Cook eggs on one side of your pan and mix it all together
- Keep mixing your eggs and rice till they're well cooked
Tools & Equipment
Tastes better with ketchup and ranch