This is one of my favourite Ethiopian dishes, it is called Sego, ground beef stew. I grew up eating this and love having it for dinner. This is taking pasta sauce to a new level! Italian food has had a lot of influence on Ethiopian food from occupations of Italy in Ethiopia in history which is why we eat a lot of pasta and this is our version of Italian Spaghetti. Very simple to make but also very tasty.
- 3 Onion (chopped)
- Canola oil
- 1 can Pasta sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp Berbere spice mix
- Cooked spaghetti
To buy Thirteen's Berbere Spice CLICK HERE
- Put the chopped onions in a pan on medium heat. Stir often and once the water from the onion is absorbed, add oil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until the onion is golden brown
- Add the group beef and cook for 5 minutes. Add water gradually if needed.
- Add out Berbere spice and cook for 9 minutes while gradually adding water and stirring.
- Add pasta sauce, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with any pasta!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes