Masala fries are easy and made with crispy fried potatoes tossed with flavourful garlic, onion, tomato and pilau masala. A delicious appetizer that takes just a few minutes to prepare. Made with simple pantry-friendly ingredients better than poutine!
- 1 lb Fries oven baked or fried
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp pilau masala
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, then add the red onion and cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the tomato and garlic. Stir well, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the pilau masala, ketchup and sriracha. Stir, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- then add the fries and salt. Toss well to coat. Serve immediately. Garnish with spring onions and sliced onions (optional )
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Tools & Equipment -
- Cutting board
- large non-stick pan
Lemon wedges, rice or eggs