Hi my name is Deborah i am 16 years old. I go to John Mccrae high school. I decided to join Thirteen because I wanted to gain job experience and to be able to get the sense of having your own money and being responsible for yourself. In the process I am also learning how to incorporate new spice flavors in my cooking since I had mostly just been using the one flavor I am familiar with.
I chose this recipe because it’s easy and quick to make. It also incorporates healthy eating habits and it’s a better food to eat when you are on a diet. This can be made even as a snack, if you are not in the mood to make a full meal but you are still hungry. I love spice so much and I really wanted to incorporate it into salad without messing up the original ingredients, so I decided to add another ingredient that will contain Pili Pili spice and I ended up with chicken as a perfect ingredient. What I like about this recipe is that you can always switch out the chicken with another protein like fish and meat. The options are unlimited.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves 2 person
- Half Cucumber (sliced)
- 1 tomatoes sliced
- A handful of Spinach
- A handful of Lettuce (shredded)
- A handful of Cabbage (shredded)
- A handful of Shredded carrots
- half Bell pepper (cubed, preferably green)
- ¼ cup of Raisins
- 1 avocado(sliced or cubed)
- 4 Boiled eggs
- Salad Dressing
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Curry
- ½ tsp Pili Pili
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 3 clove of garlic(minced)
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- `¼ cup of butter
- ¼ a bowl of Olive oil
To buy Thirteen's Pili Pili Spice CLICK HERE
- Get a chopping board and place the chicken breast on it.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil and then marinate the chicken with it. Then sprinkle the salt on top. Make sure to spread the salt all over the chicken.
- In a flat plate add your thyme,curry,pili pili and turmeric. Mix them together and add it on top of the chicken. Make sure to cover the chicken with the mixture.
- Place your frying pan on the stove over medium heat . When it’s hot you add half of the butter, stirring it around the pan to melt it. Then you add your chicken breast.
- While the chicken is cooking, get your garlic and chop it till it has been minced.
- Flip your chicken and add the rest of the butter into the pan for it to melt,then add your garlic and let it cook for about 1-2 minutes while mixing it with the butter. Then you baste your chicken with the mixture.
- Let your chicken cook for about 8 mins before flipping it again. Baste the flipped side and let it cook for about 8-9 mins before taking it out the pan. Let the thickest part of the meat registers at 165° and the skin is crispy and dark golden-brown in color.
- Get a medium bowl and add your cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, carrots,bell pepper raisins and avocado.
- Mix the ingredients well, then add your preferred salad dressing and mix it all together.
- Get a small pot and boil your egg for about 10 mins before taking it out. Drain the hot water from the pot then add cold water . Let the egg sit in the cold water for about 5 mins.
- When that is done, slice each of your eggs into four pieces. Get your chicken breast and cut into cubes.
- Transfer your salad into a flat bowl and place your egg pieces around the bowl. Then add your chicken on top and in the middle of the bowl.
- Let it chill and then serve.
Serving Suggestions: Served as an appetizer or a light lunch.