I love eating ramen noodles. I remember back in high school I would make Ramen noodles for my lunch. I would eat noodles like… EVERY DAY! They are super good and easy to make. I add the Berbere spice mix to add a spicy and sweet flavor. This is a simple ramen seasoning that can be used as a base flavour for any ramen dish.
Recipe by Christine Rugenera
- I package of Ramen noodles
- 2 or 3 springs of Green onion
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- 1 tbsp of berbere spice
- 1 tbsp of garlic
- 5ml of vegetable oil
- 1\2 tbsp of soya sauce
- Boil the ramen noodles until they are ready, once ready, strain the water and set aside
- Add the vegetable oil on a skillet and saute the white ends of the green onions (keep greens aside).
- Once the green onions are softened, add 1/2 tbsp of Berbere spice mix, 1/2 tsp of soya sauce, 1/4 tsp of garlic and 1/8 tsp ginger and mix
- Add this sauce to your cooked ramens noodles and blend everything together.
- Cut or rip a pinch of parsley, grab your green ends of the green onion and add on top of your noodles
This recipe can be adapted to add more sauteed veggies or meats. You can also choose to have the noodles in a broth.
Enjoy the food!
Pre-time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
TOOLS & EQUIPMENTS:
- Measuring cups