I want to share this recipe with you guys because it is one of the first food I ate when I moved here and I instantly fell in love with it. I hope you do as well!
Recipe by Sarah
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoon of Pili PIl
- 1 Lettuce (chopped)
- 5 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) Can dark red kidney beans
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- ⅓ cup chopped Onions
- ¼ cup Pickled jalapeños peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Cider vinegar
- Cook ground beef, garlic powder/minced garlic and our Pili Pili spice mix together in a skillet over medium heat until meat is brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes, breaking the meat up into chunks as it cooks. Drain excess grease, remove from heat, and let the meat cool.
- Toss lettuce, tortilla chips, Colby-Jack cheese, kidney beans, tomato, onion, and pickled jalapeño peppers in a large salad bowl; mix in the beef add ketchup, vinegar and salt.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
To buy Thirteen's Pili Pili Spice CLICK HERE