This recipe is so good and easy to make. Everytime I eat this, it reminds me of the good time in high school.
Recipe by Christine Rugenera
1 person/2 person
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Tools & Equipment -
Knifes, bowls, pan, cutting board
- 1 Onions (large)
- 2 bell pepper
- 5 mushrooms
- 2 Lightly toasted hoagie roll
- 8 slices provolone cheeses
- ½ tps salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2Tbsp Berbere spice mix
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 flank steak
- Toast the buttered side of the bread with butter on medium heat. The buttered bread should look golden when it’s ready.
- Chop your vegetable.
- With a medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter in a pan.
- Once the butter is melted, add your chopped vegetables.
- Remove your vegetables from the pan once they turn lightly brown and set them aside in a bowl.
- Slice the steak into pieces and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and the Berbere spice mix.
- Once you have seasoned your steak, you can stir the steak into the pan with ½ tbsp of butter. After 4- 6min the steak should be ready.
- Reduce the heat and add the vegetable back into the pan and mix the steak with the cheese. Split your steak mixture in two on both sides of the pan and lay 2 slices of provolone cheese and let it melt for a minute.
- Take your cheese steak out of the pan and add it into the toasted bread.
- You can add any dipping sauce into your sandwich, feel free to add anything!
- Ready to be served.
It's better with fries!