- 1.5 cups of rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Xawaash spice
- salt to taste (1 tsp at least)
- (other diced veg as desired, i usually add peppers, tomatos or even cauliflower if you want to replace the chicken and make it vegetarian)
- 1 250ml can Coconut milk
- 3 Chicken Breast (cubed in bite size pieces)
1. Start with cooking the rice. Season with salt and garlic powder. Set aside when ready.
2. To begin the sauce recipe you will heat a large pan with oil on med/low heat.
3. Dice the large onion and add to the hot oil.
4. Begin chopping your other veggie and cubing your chicken.
5. Once the onions are softening, becoming translucent, add in your Xawaash spice and salt. This will create your base for the sauce. Add the coconut milk and mix together. If you think you want more colour/ flavour in your sauce add more Xawaash spice.
6. Add your chicken and other veggies depending on their cooking time. Add the veggies that take longer first and time out with other veggies. For example Cauliflower will take longer than peppers. Add the cauliflower first followed by the peppers a few minutes later.
7. Let this cook until your chicken is completely cooked through (no pink).
8. Your dish is ready! You can eat this however you prefer. Eat as a stew, serve over rice or try it with Naan bread.