Oven Baked Falafel
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1 small onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 cup loosely packed Parsley, leaves, and stems
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, leaves, and stems
1 can (540 ml) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 to 2Tbsp. 13's Xawaash spice mix (depending on spice preference)
2 Tbsp of melted coconut oil, ghee or butter, plus more for brushing
1tsb of baking soda
3/4 tsp of salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, add oats and process until they are a fine powder. Put the oat flour into a bowl and set aside.
3. In the empty food processor, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas, coconut oil, 13 Xawaash spice mix, oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Pulse the mixture in the food processor until coarse. Do not over mix!!
4. Roll into a meatball sized balls and place them on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush each falafel with a bit of melted coconut oil, ghee or butter. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve on a wrap or eat them on their own!
Photo credit @mangeatrois