Oven Baked Falafel
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley, leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 (540 ml) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, ghee or butter, plus more for brushing
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. 13’s Xawaash spice mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add the oats and process until they are a fine powder. Put the oat flour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro to the food processor. Process until very finely chopped. Then, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas, coconut oil, 13’s Xawaash spice mix, oat flour, baking soda and salt.Pulse the mixture in the food processor until coarse. Do not overmix!
- Roll into meatball-sized balls and place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each falafel with a bit of melted coconut oil, ghee or butter. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
To buy Thirteen's Xawaash Spice CLICK HERE