Besides being tasty and healthy, these cucumber appetizers are delicious! It literally takes you 5 to 10 minutes to make. Perfect for parties or events. I like to have them after working out. I made them for my family and they disappeared within seconds.
Prep time: 5
Cook time: 5
Tools & Equipment
- Cutting board
- Medium pan
- 12 shrimp
- 1 tsp Pili Pili
- 1 avocado sliced
- ⅓ Cup Cooked white rice or pilau Rice
- 2 cucumber
- Berbere infused oil or hot sauce of your choice
- Spicy mayo
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil spray
- In a bowl season shrimp with Pili pili, salt and pepper set aside for 2 minutes
- Cut your cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds, till it looks like a boat.
- Spray oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat, sear your shrimp for 2 minutes on each side till it’s curled into a nice C shape. Set aside
- Add your cooked rice to the cucumber boat then add your sliced avocados and shrimp on top
- Drizzled oil infused berbere and the spicy mayo on top
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy
serve as a snack or an appetizer
Recipe for the oil infused berbere
2 tablespoons Berbere
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Spoon 2 tbls. berbere into a clean jar or bottle. Pour in 2 cups olive oil and seal the bottle. Leave in a cool, dark place, shaking the bottle occasionally, for 1 week.
- Line a funnel with a double layer of cheesecloth and then strain the oil into another bottle.
To buy Thirteen's Pili Pili Spice CLICK HERE